1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a good, free image converter

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by devilswrath11, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devilswrath11

devilswrath11 Thread Starter

I am running Win2000 Pro SP4 - in home, single computer. I have several images in Microsoft Power Point Viewer that I'd like to convert to JPEG, but am at a loss as to what is a good, reputable, FREE program. Anybody have any recommendations?

2. Sponsor

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

IrfanView with plugins will open and convert nearly any image under the Sun. But what format are the PPT images in and how do you plan to extract them? A good screen capture program may be more useful to you than a converter.

4. devilswrath11

They are PPS files; what would you recommend as a screen capture program?

5. ChuckE

ChuckE

PowerPoint docs are not images to convert. You can use any screen capture program to capture the opened slide of a PowerPoint file, but doing so you may be cheating yourself of the best clarity. That is, capturing the projected image of a contained image suffers if the size on the screen is larger or smaller than the original size of the contained file).

Instead try using the FREE OpenOffice, which you can extract the images directly from the contents of either a PPT (PowerPoint file) or PPS (PowerPoint Slideshow) file. Just open the PowerPoint file, using OpenOffice and save as HTML. That will place all the contained images into a folder. No conversion will be needed if the images are already JPG.

6. slipe

slipe

Good one Chuck. I’ve seen the question a few times but that is the only good solution I’ve run across.

7. devilswrath11

Wonderful, Chuck!! Thank you so very much!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/826850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice