Looking for a good gaming computer for under 650

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

centrino207

I'm looking for getting a gaming desktop computer for under $650.

Buying computer from Best buy you are stuck with brand name computer like Acer or Gateway being very cheap computers and low budget computers or HP or Asus being better and more costly computers.

CyberPowerPC and iBUYPOWER Gamerner PC both are over price and not reliable computer and lots and of lots hardware problems from what I read and really outdated spects for it's price.

Well build computer kits are good, but you have to put it together and you get no software and windows 8 does not come with it.

Some games will be The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ,Dark Souls,Witcher 2,Dragon Age II,Divinity II ,Diablo ,Mass Effect 3,Far Cry 2,Risen,Fallout,Grand Theft Auto and Doom so on.

The budget no more than $650.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I was going to suggest the Alienware (owned and supported by Dell) gaming desktops, but you're not going to find what you want within your $650.00 budget limit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Actually Alienware is tragically overpriced. If you wanted a Dell built PC (which Alienware is) the Dell XPS 8700 is a far better deal. You can find some Cyberpower units that are fine but it is true they use lower tier power supplies in the pre-configured builds. Those can be replaced, or you can pick a good power supply if you use their build tool on the site instead of just buying one that is ready to ship.

There really are no PC Botique outfits like Alienware, Vodoo, Velicity Micro etc. that have reasonable prices. They have sometimes a 50% markup on cost. I highly suggest building a PC, or the Dell XPS 8700 if you just want a PC that is already built. It comes with a very respectable 460W PSU (quality wise) and that can also be replaced.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you wanted a Dell built PC (which Alienware is) the Dell XPS 8700 is a far better deal.
My grandson has a Dell XPS 8700 that he bought for gaming purposes, but it cost him much more than $650.00.

------------------------------------------------------------

My grandson has a Dell XPS 8700 that he bought for gaming purposes, but it cost him much more than $650.00.

------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah it usually costs around $750.00 (XPS 8700) with 1 HDD and 8GB ram with a I7. It's a bit much but you do get a total system warranty. So about $100.00 over your price. Maybe look a cheaper vendor but be willing to troubleshoot, or look at building it yourself. You can save money doing that, especially if you go with an AMD based system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online