1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a good PC headset (headphones/mic) for gaming/VOIP

Discussion in 'Games' started by AhrenBa, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good headset for my PC. I would like to spend less than $50 and would like to use it for TeamSpeak (gaming) and possibly some minor usage through Skype. Can any of you guys recommend a good model? Thank you.

2. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

3. dashdanw

dashdanw

4. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Cool! Thank you very much for your suggestion, dashdanw, I appreciate it. :)

Anyone else have some suggestions?

5. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

I have been doing some more research. Do you guys think I should go with a USB headset, or with a regular, Analog one? Benefits?

Any other suggestions on models?

6. jack8

jack8

I would recommend Sennheiser PC 165 but they will be too expensive. I have these and think they are great for gaming. If you can I think it's worth paying the price.

7. titanania

titanania

I would suggest analog, make sure u get gold connectors, its much better sound, at least for me. I just bought this headset and love it (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106931) the mic is extremely adjustable and picks up your voice while filtering out background noise just like its supposed to. Works very well for me with Vent and Google Talk. And the price is hard to beat.

8. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Thank you for the suggestion. May I ask why you suggest analog? Is it easier? The reason I ask is because I thought USB would be superior because of its digital signal. Thanks for your help. :)

9. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

I got a Logitech set for $30. Works great for speech recognition. Has a volume control and a mute button on a "clip." Playback of voice after recording is flawless.
    No need for USB. Voice is not "data intensive". My phone is digital on my internet connection and makes no difference to speed of internet. ISP told me overhead is so insignificant that it isn't even worth mentioning.

10. titanania

titanania

Analog is designed for sound. USB is only better if you are working with the signal at a later date and even then not noticeable. Analog if the support are good (sound card/ onboard sound & connectors on the device) I dont claim to be an expert in this matter but I do know my headset works very well and isnt as problematic as my friend's USB headset.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice