1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a GPU upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pxncake, Sep 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pxncake

Pxncake Thread Starter

Hey there, so recently I upgraded my GPU from a NVIDIA GT 720 to a GTX 1050ti but even with the 1050ti I am not getting the framerate I am looking for. I want to upgrade to a better GPU but I dont think its compatible with my motherboard since 2 years ago I purchased a prebuilt system. Please help me.

My prebuilt pc is an Acer Aspire TC-710

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    We need more information about your Acer Aspire TC-710 desktop.
    What is the exact SNID number and serial number on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Pxncake

Pxncake Thread Starter

SNID Number: 61101600530
    Serial Number: DTB15EM00761103E853000

4. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    What games are you playing?

What framerate are you looking for?

How much RAM?

5. Pxncake

Pxncake Thread Starter

Fortnite
    CSGO

Around 200 fps+ with Fortnite (All low settings)
    And also 200 fps+ on CSGO with all low settings

I have 8 gigs of RAM.

6. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    200FPS really? You honestly have your sights set too high. 60FPS at high will look tons better than 200FPS at low....after roughly 60FPS or so, your eyes can barely tell the difference. Unless you have a g-sync monitor, but I really doubt that, and if so a 1050ti is the wrong video to begin with.

I know from experience that a 1050ti will play Fortnite at around 60FPS on high, no lag or anything. I upgraded my kids video card and double their FPS in Fortnite and they didn't even notice.

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for submitting the SNID number and serial number of your Acer Aspire TC-710 (DT.B15EM.007) desktop.

According to its product specifications section, it came with:
    Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz quad core processor (with Intel HD Graphics 530 integrated graphics)
    8 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM
    1 TB SATA2 7200 RPM hard drive
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 2 GB graphic card
    Realtek high definition audio
    Realtek gigabit ethernet
    300W power supply

It supports a maximum of 16 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM.
    Since you use it for hard core gaming, you should consider maxing in out instead of running it with only 8 GB.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphic card is a very noticeable improvement over the original graphic card.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  8. Pxncake

Pxncake Thread Starter

I agree it was a very noticeable upgrade but I'd like to upgrade it further. I don't feel like its as strong as I'd want it. Would there be a way to upgrade the motherboard to get a new gpu or would an EGPU work ?

*edit* I have a 1050ti currently just stating it because I think you forgot

9. Pxncake

Pxncake Thread Starter

Yeah for competitive gaming and a 144hz monitor trust me it is noticeable with mouse movement / delay I'm not a casual gamer so I'd like to see higher results to give me the edge and at least make my 144hz monitor worth what I payed for.

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Clipboard.jpg

Your Acer Aspire TC-710 desktop already has a nice performing processor and graphic card.
    I'm not sure if you need to switch to a better performing graphic card, but you may need to add more RAM and switch to a higher wattage power supply.
    I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, so my input here is limited.
    Hopefully, some of the hardware/gaming experts here will jump in and give you additional advice.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  11. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    Do you have a 144hz monitor? If so why are you wanting to reach that framerate with low quality? You could do that with a 1060, but what's the point of a high framerate and low graphics, if you want at least 144FPS that the monitor can handle and high quality you'll need a 1080ti pretty much. With that you'll need another power supply, more RAM, and you'll still have a bottle neck with that CPU. So my suggestion is decide what exactly what you want it can be figured out from there.

12. Pxncake

Pxncake Thread Starter

I dont really care about the graphics quality. You see, in competitive gaming we really dont care about the game looks. Shadows and anti-aliasing can give you a disadvantage a 1060 would be amazing but I dont think I could really put it in my PC right? I don't think my motherboard would support it.. :/ What can I do to buy a 1060 and have it work?

13. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    I couldn't find specifics on your motherboard, but we can all safely assume the PCI-E slot your GPU is in is a x16 slot....if so then whatever card will fit in the case will work with the motherboard. There's not a "my motherboard isn't compatible" thing with GPUS, unless you go non UEFI BIOS with new cards, etc....but you have none of that. Now for anything higher than a 1050ti like you have you need another power supply for sure, and if you go too much higher your RAM and CPU might start being bottlenecks.

14. Pxncake

Pxncake Thread Starter

Oh sick Aaron haha. (Thats my name too) So new power supply and GPU and I should be fine? Also 16 gigs of RAM would be good right?

15. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    That should definitely get you close to what you're looking for.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice