1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a media streaming device that does/has the following...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by rickyjo, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickyjo

rickyjo Thread Starter

I am having difficulty finding a streaming device that supports the features I need and also has an output other than HDMI. I'm looking for something like Chromecast, where I can stream from a modern Android device, but the older TV does not have HDMI; it has component, RCA, and s-vid. I would like to avoid adapters if at all possible, and it's an usually large TV for its age, and I would rather not replace it if I can help it. So to summarize:

* Device must work with modern versions of Android against common devices like Galaxy 4 and up and Galaxy Tab 3 with updated operating systems
    * Device must have an output other than HDMI

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my research indicates:

Roku is out (3+ has screen mirroring but only HDMI, 1 and 2 have component but no mirroring)
    Chromecast is out (only HDMI)
    AppleTV is out (except maybe version one? I'm not sure if the first gen can interface with Android using Apps or not)
    FireTV is out (only HDMI)

Any others? Or am I wrong about any of these? Thanks for you help!

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice