Looking for a New DSL Modem

Gabricuss

Hello!

So it's been about 8-9 years since my household got its first modem for AT&T U-Verse, and needless to say, it's beyond time to replace it. I've been searching high and low for a new one but have found myself overwhelmed by info and options that have led to dead ends, hence why I'm here looking for help.

Our plan is basic 100mbs and 1tb per month cap and the modem is connected via DSL; otherwise, decent upload capabilities (approx 10mbs or greater) and not breaking down in under a year are also what I am looking for in a new one. Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement and/or know where good places are to look? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Gr3iz

Mark
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

I've done a little searching and it kinda looks like you may be stuck with renting the AT&T gateway, but most people feel the router portion of that device sucks, so they buy a wireless router and connect it to the gateway (modem/router combo).
I've seen other sites advertising modems that are supposedly compatible with AT&T U-Verse. I suggest you do a little searching, maybe on their web site, or through the TOS (Terms Of Service) in your agreement.
Maybe someone else will have first-hand experience and chime in ...

Gabricuss

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

I've done a little searching and it kinda looks like you may be stuck with renting the AT&T gateway, but most people feel the router portion of that device sucks, so they buy a wireless router and connect it to the gateway (modem/router combo).
I've seen other sites advertising modems that are supposedly compatible with AT&T U-Verse. I suggest you do a little searching, maybe on their web site, or through the TOS (Terms Of Service) in your agreement.
Maybe someone else will have first-hand experience and chime in ...
Thank you for the help! I think I'm finally on the track now to finding what I'm looking for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online