Looking for a new graphics card for my desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Voltaic

Hi, I hope I didn't screw up by putting a thread in the wrong place on my first post.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a new graphics card to replace my old nvidia 9600 GS.

Specs:

HP Pavillion m9500z
Monitor: HP w2338h
Processor: AMD II X4 920
Main board: MSI: MS-7548 (PCI-Express)

If you need any more info, just ask

Games I play daily: Team fortress 2 / other games running on Source.

I've been looking at XFX Radeon 4890 1GB, or XFX Radeon 5770, but I don't know which one will actually be better than my current card. My budget is under $220, thanks in advance!

I would tend toward a 5770 or a 5850. Both are good, and under the budget- performance is not far off on each.

Voltaic

I would tend toward a 5770 or a 5850. Both are good, and under the budget- performance is not far off on each.

But, I heard that the 4890 performs better than the 5770, is this true?

Also, if I were to get a 5770, should it be a sapphire, XFX, diamond or what? One last thing, I've been looking into nVidia's GTX260 that has a similar price, will this card 'outclass' the 5770 and the 4890?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online