1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

looking for a new program

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Lex.Luthor, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor Thread Starter

I have a database that I have created in MS access and in other forms. What I am looking for is an interface? or a program that will open the database, display the files and has a search function. Any ideas?

I am a noob at databases but I also have several programs that I can use.

Thank you

2. sepala

sepala

First to be clear, are you trying to CREATE A NEW PROGRAM? (Because you have posted in SD section).. Or else seeking for an existing program?

3. Lex.Luthor

Sorry sepala for not being really clear. I wansn't clear on where to post. In the Karaoke systems from http://www.airwer.com/ they have a program that you can change and enter information to your database. I guess that the program has bee developed for the Karaoke, but I am unable to find one that meets my needs.

Thank you

4. sepala

sepala

All right.. I am requesting to move this thread to the "Other Programs" or "Business programs" section. :).. You may not get quick answers from this SD section for this issue. :)

5. Lex.Luthor

Sounds good, Sepala. Thank you!

6. sepala

sepala

You are welcome :)

7. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

Access itself does all those things, which, after all, are rather trivial and basic to any database.

8. Lex.Luthor

Hello Jim!

I've come to the conclusion that I can use the access for this and have a mdb setup from access. The only thing is that I am a noob at this. I have an idea on what I am needing the database to do, just getting it there is the trick. After looking at the access, If have 2007 isntalled and I also have Ironspeed. Iron speed being used on a 64 bit system is giving me a little bit of trouble since the program cannot get the jet 4.0 to register. Anyway, I have looked at the access 2007 and there is a form tab. I guess that this is where I can design my user interface for the database and show the information that is within the database?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice