1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a non vista PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sigh_sparks, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sigh_sparks

sigh_sparks Thread Starter

I currently use a laptop, a rather cursed fujitsu siemens that I have quite a few problems with. I've only had it just over a year and the power supply blew up, a screw falls out of the bottom, I've had random crash problems... and I just cracked the edge of the screen an hour ago by gently trying to move it up. I'd advise people not to buy laptops from them.

Anyway, I'm looking to buy a new PC, preferably one with an AMD duo core processor and and ATI graphics card (I like to play games and most of mine have known issues with nvidia cards). I really don't want to buy a system with Vista on it, but very few PC's come with XP now. I don't know how and certainly wouldn't trust myself to put one together myself so what options do I have?

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

I haven't seen a PC on the market yet with Vista installed. Vista ready yes. Right now is the time to buy an XP machine although if you wait awhile they'll be plenty of Vista machines out. As a gamer you may want to wait. All the really decent new games will be made for DX10 which only runs on the Vista platform.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you go to Dell, you'll see that all the new home computers come with Vista.

4. griffinspc

griffinspc

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

PS: When I said market I should have been more specific, I meant the brick & mortar stores trying to unload all their old XP stock.

6. sigh_sparks

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not really interested in newer flashy games, so XP would suit me fine. I wouldn't say I was a gamer really, as in I only have a few games but I do enjoy playing them.

When I looked on Dell the other day they didn't seem to have any XP PC's. Oh well guess I didn't look hard enough. Not very sure about picking parts though.

7. griffinspc

griffinspc

If you have a local mom & pop that you trust go check them out. As I said a lot of shops are trying to get rid of previously built machines with XP versions. You might just find a deal.

8. sigh_sparks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice