1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a RAM Upgrade Recommendation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TSecYes, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSecYes

TSecYes Thread Starter

Hello!

I'm looking for a person who knows computers to recommend the correct type of RAM to purchase.
    I've got 1 DDR3 single channel 8GB DRAM at the moment.

Below are my specs for my motherboard, and processor.

upload_2019-5-15_18-44-35.png

upload_2019-5-15_18-44-51.png
    upload_2019-5-15_18-45-47.png

Thanks to anyone in advance who is willing to help me.

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

There is another tab that shows the model number of the ram you have now, you didn't post it, it is best to try to match it up with the same brand.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 motherboard in your computer supports 16 GB(8 GB X 2) of RAM and uses 240-pin, 1.5 volt, CL=11, Unbuffered, Non-ECC, DDR3-1600 modules.

According to your images, the 8 GB module currently in your computer appears to match those specs.

It's recommended to use a matching pair of modules, but if you decide to use a different brand, make sure it has the correct specs.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice