1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a replacement motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Satchelmouth, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Satchelmouth

Satchelmouth Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I have recently had hardware failure in my DIY PC (most likely the motherboard).
    I have taken it to a repair shop to have it diagnosed and was wondering if I could get some suggestions for a new motherboard if it turns out to be that.
    I use my PC for heavy gaming as well as geometric map design and need a reliable (relatively cheap) board that is capable of supporting the hardware I am currently using (9800gt asus overclocked) pentium 2 2.8ghz processor.
    asus Xonar D2x Audio (pcie).
    It should also be noted that my old motherboard was a socket 775. (and the new one should be the same).
    Can you reccomend one without an nforce chipset as well as these seem to be useless.
    Thanks for your responses
    Satch

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

3. Satchelmouth

Satchelmouth Thread Starter

Yep thats what i meant. Any other suggestions are also welcome

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/906351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice