1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a specific type of web program, but don't know the name...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AgaricX, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgaricX

AgaricX Thread Starter

Hey!

Great forum guys!!

I'm looking for a specific type of program. I don't know what it is called, so I can't just google it. I need to be able to look at a company's website and extract select types of information from their webpages. For instance. I would like to be able to search an law firm's website and pull out all the names, phone numbers, email addresses, and certain types of other data for their attorneys based on a single page template.

I've looked at data / web / text mining software, but the complexity is disheartening and I'm not even sure that's what I need. Even if that's what I need, I don't want to get a program that is overengineered for my purpose. I don't need data analysis, I just need a listing of certain types of data. Something to look at the source code for each page and extract only the data that I want.

Does anyone have a program suggestion? I'd like to be able to output it to a database or a spreadsheet right from the program if possible.

Thanks so much guys!!!!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/372979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice