Looking for a WindowsXP touchscreen driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TROmanufac

Just got a new Dell 23in. touch monitor (P2314T) and I am trying to find a touchscreen driver that will work for Windows XP. This monitor says that it only runs with operating systems Windows 7 through 10, but I feel there has to be a way around this. Its connected to a HP desktop tower.

If anyone knows of anyway to get this touchscreen to work while using WindowsXP or knows of a certain driver that may work that would be appreciated,
Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Dell P2314T Monitor
According to its support site, it has a touchscreen monitor driver only for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1.
It has no drivers at all for Windows XP.

---------------------------------------------------------------

TROmanufac

Dell P2314T Monitor
According to its support site, it has a touchscreen monitor driver only for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1.
It has no drivers at all for Windows XP.

I've realized that, I'm just curious if there is any way to get around this. Maybe there is another driver that could possibly work.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've never owned or used a touchscreen monitor, so I'm guessing it needs the driver software for the Windows operating system that's being used in the computer.

Last edited:

valis

If the MFG didn't release an XP driver for it, chances are very low of you finding one that will work. As XP was already close to end of life (or past it) when that product was released, you may be out of luck on that OS on that machine.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Dell does not provide the standard monitor driver nor the touchscreen software for that monitor, and I also checked the Microsoft update catalog site and confirmed the same.
That means that monitor will be recognized as a "default" or "standard" monitor in the Device Manager.

You didn't provide a model name and model number and part/product number(P/N) of your HP desktop, so we don't know the description of its integrated graphics device or graphics card and if it supports the native resolution for that monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online