Looking for Advice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maswad

I am thinking of get this item
dose any one have any thoughts on weather this is a good dvd burner
thank you ''

Sony DRX810UL External DVD+/-RW Double Layer Drive burns a full DVD in about 6 minutes with 16X maximum Dual Format/Double Layer DVD/CD burner capabilities. With both i.LINK (IEEE 1394) and hi-speed USB (USB 2.0) digital interfaces, it's simple to set-up and maximize flexibility. More Info
WebID: 10067496
Mfr. Part Number: DRX810UL
CD Read Speed 48X
CD Rewrite Speed 32X
CD Write Speed 48X
Data Access Time CD-Rom: 135ms, DVD-Rom: 130ms
Data Buffer 2MB
DVD Read Speed 16X
DVD Rewrite Speed 8X DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW
DVD Write Speed 16X +/-R; 8X +RDL; 4X -RDL
Included In Box See The Features Section
Interface IEEE1394, USB 2.0
Internal/External External
PC/MAC PC
Product Dimensions 5.2(W) x 16.4(H) x 25.0(D) cm
Software Included See The Features Section
System Requirements See The Features Section
Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labour

More Information

FEATURES:

* Included Software: Nero Burning ROM SE/Express; Nero BackItUp; InCD; Nero Vision Express; Nero ShowTime; Nero Recode; Nero MediaPlayer; Nero Wave Editor; Nero Cover Designer; Nero Tool Kit; Nero MediaHome, Nero PhotoSnap, Nero PhotoSnapViewer
* Included In Box: i.LINK cable, USB Cable, AC Adaptor, Stand, Application CD-ROM, Manual

# SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:CD ROM: Yes
# CPU Speed: 800MHz+
# CPU Type: Pentium III
# Disk Space: 1GB
# Display: Info Not Available
# Memory (RAM): 256MB+
# Operating System Compatibility: Win2000/XP
# Other: 1 x IEEE1394 (i.LINK) Port or 1 x USB 2.0 Port
# *With Nero Vision Express: Pentium 4, 1.6GHz, 10GB Disk Space Recommended.

Couriant

James
Well it depends on what you want to do with it.

SONY is usually the better brand, though Lite-On is its clone drive. Also what prices have you seen it for?

maswad

169.66 canadian

i just want it to burn dvd and cdr-w thought might be nice way to go couldmuse with my three computer and not need to get internal ones for all them

Couriant

James
Well the exchange is about right for the price here in the US.

One question, do you really need the double / dual layer burning? If not, then you can get a normal External DVD Burner for about $100 CAD

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Actually, you should be able to buy an internal DVD drive and a USB 2.0 case for considerably less money. Of course, since I have a thing about Sony products, I'd be picking some other brand. :)

Couriant

James
lol, actually JW is probably one of the best for looking for great deals. He always seem to have found awesome prices.

oh.. didn't know that..
well, they gotta have that burner at the canadian stores for a similar price (after conversion), right?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online