Looking for an external CD-RW (USB 2.0)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnO28356

I have a pretty basic HP model 8230e CD-RW (USB 1.0) that I've been using for back-up, etc, for maybe 3 years and it's always worked great. I kept it after I switched to XP since HP came out with drivers. However, change is needed. I was feeling nostalgic this afternoon, and signed up for the Rhapsody music service, selected my music, and clicked burn. After Rhapsody's Wizard checked out my CD-RW, CD etc, it told me I should burn at 1x (Buffer??). That's really unacceptable, so-- what to get? I hear the 52x RW's sometime shatter disks, so how about 48x? Will that do it for me? I have space for an internal drive. My Comp: XP Home, sp1. P4 2.40ghz, 512 RAM. Would really appreciate some recommendations. Thanks.

I've used and "sold" Liteon's External drive. The 24X model. It was a nice drive, 24X was fast enough for most people and it sure did get shared alot between alot of laptop users....It's been a durable unit to the best of my knowledge.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
FWIW, you can buy a standard CD-RW drive for $10-20 after rebate, and put it into a $30 USB 2.0 case and accomplish your goal very inexpensively. :)

Well I'm glad I read this post!
I didn't even know that you could do that.
I'm gonna' have to do some research to find that USB 2.0 case you mentioned.
That's gonna save me a ton of money!!

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online