1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for an internet booster

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cisco2004, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cisco2004

cisco2004 Thread Starter

Anybody know where I can find a free internet booster for XP?

Thanks-

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

XP detects internet activity and sets the optimum values automatically. This can sometimes be improved by a "booster", but usually not.

This small utility will allow you to play with the settings and has values for different connection types that may improve your speeds. It also has an option to return to the default settings if there is no improvement.
    http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

There is a lot of advice on this site for changing settings, but always keep the ability to return to default settings if needed.

3. cisco2004

cisco2004 Thread Starter

Thanks for the Help. My pages are changing much faster now. :)

4. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

It might also have to do with your renderer. (On my system atleast) Mozilla Firefox is much faster than IE. Enough to be noticiable, even on broadband.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Success varies with these things. I had large improvements and none at all depending on connection type and even location (probably the quality of the transmission lines).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!