Looking for an internet booster

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
XP detects internet activity and sets the optimum values automatically. This can sometimes be improved by a "booster", but usually not.

This small utility will allow you to play with the settings and has values for different connection types that may improve your speeds. It also has an option to return to the default settings if there is no improvement.
http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

There is a lot of advice on this site for changing settings, but always keep the ability to return to default settings if needed.

It might also have to do with your renderer. (On my system atleast) Mozilla Firefox is much faster than IE. Enough to be noticiable, even on broadband.

Thanks for the Help. My pages are changing much faster now.
Success varies with these things. I had large improvements and none at all depending on connection type and even location (probably the quality of the transmission lines).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online