Looking for cheap ssd computer for music production?

Kovertbliss

Looking to buy a ssd computer for music production, what's good under a thousand pounds, newbie need advice

Tanis

Shane
Hi,

Can you provide more detail around the intended use, 'music production' could mean numerous things.

Are there specific tools you are looking at utilising?
Are you creating your own music, digitising/manipulating analogue recordings?
Where are you located as that may have a factor in costs, assuming UK based on you saying 'pounds' but worth checking

The SSD (Solid State Harddrive) is only one factor that you need to consider. Processing power (CPU), memory (RAM) and other components will all have an impact on what you are doing.

Kovertbliss

OK the fl studio software needs 8gb memory, 256gb ssd, 32/64bit or on mac 10.13
2ghz AMD or Intel oentium 3cpu
Full SSE1 support
2GB free disck space and 4GB of ram
The more powerful the CPU the more instruments and fx I can run
32bit floating point engine
192KHZ using either WdM or ASIO enabled drivers
This is all a language I dnt understand tbh, in the UK Cornwall so would have to order online and preferable under £900pounds. I've been told a mac would definitely work but I admit it's confusing which one and if I could get away with another Windows computer so any help would be amazing

Tanis

Shane
I am not a Mac user and not really familiar with them.

Having a quick Google Macbook Air or Pro would likely do the job, but are pushing your budget. The Air starting around £999 and the Pro from around £1300+. Admittedly those prices are from the Apple website.

Currys/PC World are advertising Macbook Air (2020) for under £900 but they are advertised with Intel Core i3 CPUs so I personally wouldn't advise those.

Also, those prices are for 13" Macbooks, so unless you are using an external monitor they are probably not ideal.

Some commons sites I use in the UK:

www.box.co.uk
www.ebuyer.com
Loads of choice with these two and within your price range. Have a look and I would suggest looking for Cor i5 CPUs or Ryzen 5 (or 7 if within price range). 16Gb RAM would be good. Harddrive space is on preference. An SSD will give you better performance but will cost more, and standard HDD will give you more space but marginally less performance. You can always purchase an external drive further down the line for longer term storage.

Nice example here, currently within your price range as its £480 off
81YX0001UK, Lenovo Legion Y740Si Intel Core i5 16GB | Box.co.uk

www.aria.co.uk - less selection as the focus a lot on components

If you can find good items in the sales / deals sections you are likely to get more 'bang for your buck'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online