1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for developers to help in free and opensource project

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by consc198, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. consc198

consc198 Thread Starter

Hello,

I am not sure if this is allowed or not - if this post is against any Rules i apologize in advance and this post can be removed.

I am in the process of creating a open-source project to track the Psychological Mood of a person, this application will be used by people visiting psychologists.

Target Audience
    People that are currently in therapy or want to keep track of mood changes. The program is based on CBT.

Aim
    To provide to the end-user the tools for him to be able to monitor his mood.
    To provide to the therapist additional information for the client through the automatic generation of graphs.

I am looking for some volunteers to help me with Coding of the Project. I am doing the coding in Visual Basic 2010 and currently using MS Access 2007 as the Database. I have many plans to make this is a feature-rich application with the aim to help the end-user.

The Project is hosted on CodePlex; http://moodtracker.codeplex.com

If anyone is interested please feel post here.

2. consc198

consc198 Thread Starter

Hello,

We've already had some interest from Developers, we are however still looking for additional Developers and also we are looking for Testers/Documentation Editors.

We're aiming to develop the a feature-rich Psychological Mood Tracker to help the end-users as much as we can.

If you are interested you can visit http://moodtracker.codeplex.com and apply for becoming a Developer.

I am also available to answer any questions in this forum!

Thank you in advance!

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    I really appreciate that people are making such programs available, and hope that you do get all the help you need.
    I can't help myself, but I can tell you that if you're looking to recruit help you'll need to supply additional information such as

What platform is it being made for? Is it for a windows PC? Linux? An Iphone or android phone? (people aren't always near a PC)
    What language is it being made in?
    What particular help do you need?
    Otherwise no-one will know whether their skills fit.

Of course whether the moderators allow the thread remains their call.

4. consc198

consc198 Thread Starter

Hello,

Thanks for your reply - i'll answer your questions.

• What platform is it being made for? Is it for a windows PC? Linux? An Iphone or android phone? (people aren't always near a PC)
    The first version is being developed for Windows, our aim is to have it compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and the upcoming Windows 8. In the future we will be releasing a Mobile Phone Application for iPhones (etc) and a Web-Based Application. I want to make it as easy as possible for people to use this program. Also we are going to minimize the dependency on external factors that could make this program not functional, for example i don't want the end-user to not be able to write his notes because there is no internet connection - things happen, we will try as much as possible to reduce the occurrences and we will be adding many mechanisms to secure the smooth and 24x7 functionality of the program, however not everything will appear in the first version which is planned to be released quite soon.

As for Linux and MAC, in the next version along with the Mobile/Web-Based version we will be making the program compatible with Linux and also MAC as the aim is to be able to support as many end-users as possible.

I really have countless plans to make this program a very feature rich mood tracker.

• What language is it being made in?

It is being developed in VB.NET 2010 and using Microsoft Access for the Database. We chose Microsoft Access as it is important that our System and Hardware Requirements are as minimum as possible as we need to take into account that not everyone can purchase a computer with even 2gb of RAM.

• What particular help do you need?

Currently we need help to develop the program. However in the very near future we will also need Testers to test the program, we'll need Designers to design a logo for the program and banners for example as we want to get this program advertised both Online and Offline.

5. consc198

consc198 Thread Starter

Hello,

Over the past week we've been actively discussing about this program with the developers that have volunteered to help.

This is just a reminder that if there are any VB.NET Developers that are interested to help out with this program then feel free to either reply here, PM me or apply directly at http://moodtracker.codeplex.com.

Thanks in advance!

6. consc198

consc198 Thread Starter

As of Today i've decided that we will work on the programming of both the Desktop-based Application and the Web-Based Application due to increased demand.

The Desktop Application is coded in VB.NET and using an ORM called nHibernate.
    Project URL: http://moodtracker.codeplex.com

The Web-Based Application will be coded in C# and use MSSQL as the Database.
    Project URL: http://webmoodtracker.codeplex.com/

You can join as a developer on any of the two projects.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice