Looking For Drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techbud86

hey everyone..im looking for drivers (video to start) for the DELL DIMENSION L550R desktop. ive checked the dell site but i cant find them anywhere. thanks

DoubleHelix

Banned
What do you mean they don't work? They don't install? You get an error while installing? The devices don't work? Errors in device manager?

You put in the correct model number? Apparently the link doesn't include that info even though I selected it.

techbud86

i downloaded every driver in that category but they were all for monitors as opposed to graphics card. and after i get those installed i would like to get my network drivers also but those arent even listed

techbud86

i tried those ones also but nothing seems to work. its like windows is rejecting all drivers wether theyre good or not. i checked just to make sure the cards were intergrated and they are. im running out of ideas and justing kinda frustrated with this:(

DoubleHelix

Banned
Since you haven't explained what the problem is or what OS you're running, I can't help. You also haven't said what happens when you try to install the drivers. What exactly are you doing?

techbud86

theres really not much to explain. im running 98,im trying to install video drivers and when i try to install them it says that windows is already using the best driver for the device. im a starting tech so i do this all day which is why its frustrating me to find out that i cant install some simple drivers

techbud86

because the res only goes 640x480 and i only get 16 colors and opposed to it saying the cards name it says standard VGA display which happens when the drivers arent installed

In order to get more specific advice, please post as many details about your machine as you can, like model, CPU, memory installed, added hardware, and anything else that could in any conceivable way be useful to people attempting to help.

If the machine is completely unmodified and is as it was "out of the box", a specific model number should be sufficient.

Are you using Windows 98 and how was Windows installed (OEM CD, full-version Microsoft 98 SE, Dell-specific recovery CD's), and what CD's do you have available? Did you install it yourself and are the mainboard chipset drivers installed?

techbud86

wow ok...its a dell dimension L550r p3 500 64mb of ram. i installed it with a 98 cd that i made myself (im not sure if its oem or not) the chipset drivers are probably not installed. and i have a membership at driverguide and i didnt find anything there

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online