Looking for Effect Editor..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

airikita

I tried to install Adobe After Effects, but my computer rejects it, so I'm looking for similar programs. Can anyone suggest another program that works like Adobe After Effects? I only need to add simple image, I don't need high effects, I just want to add 2D images to my video for a parody.

airikita

This is ridiculous, it all has a 3D option to each editor, I just want to place 2D images over my video. I was hoping for a more transparent effect, but it looks like I'm going to have to have a black bar at the top of the screen with the fake buttons!

I just want the hearts and buttons like Zelda Ocarina of Time has to make a parody, is there nothing for just 2D? I don't care about blue screen and 3D effects.. When the 3D option is added, it makes the application so bloody tedious!!!

airikita said:
I tried to install Adobe After Effects, but my computer rejects it, so I'm looking for similar programs. Can anyone suggest another program that works like Adobe After Effects? I only need to add simple image, I don't need high effects, I just want to add 2D images to my video for a parody.

Obviously you obtained After Effect illegally---You should have no problem installing it on a standard PC.

airikita

linskyjack said:
Obviously you obtained After Effect illegally---You should have no problem installing it on a standard PC.
It was the free trail from the website that SELLS it, I downloaded from the Adobe website, with ALL it's free trails.

airikita

Still not working out for me, I hate 30 day trails, I only need something simple. I'm thinking of getting an AVI to GIF converter and just adding the transparent images frame-by-frame, then just re-posting the audio back. I can at least get a full freeware download for and AVI to GIF converter, and a full freeware GIF animator/editor.

I mean, I'd rather buy autodesk, but why the **** do these products cost over 1k? I can understand the 3D aspect, but I don't need 3D!!! I want to put my crappy MSpaint 2D transparent pictures over my video, I don't want $1000 products that give crappy 30-day trails, because I don't have that limited time to do my underwater STUNT!!!

All I need is something that will make my pictures as transparent as the text effects you can put in the video editor.. WHY is that so complicated??

airikita

Ok, I'm going to try and get Adobe After Effects working, I'll tell you want it asks for once I get it started..

airikita

Here's the problem:

I can fix the other problems, but I don't understand WHAT it means by the extension..

SSE2 stands for Streaming SIMD Extensions 2. Translated into english, you need better computer, containing at least a Pentium 4 processor or a 64 bit AMD processor.

If you ask me, I think the system requirements for CS3 are too steep. Maybe you can find a demo/trial of version 7 instead....

fairnooks

Banned
Yes, that SSE2 is a STINKER! Many present Adobe products will not install without those processor extensions, which means basically what diablo75 stated; new processor with SSE2 support, new motherboard to support processor, new memory compatible with motherboard....hmmmm, thanks Adobe, rotten legacy support and rotten Vista support!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online