1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for good web hosting site

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sue C, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sue C

Sue C Thread Starter

Can you give me your opinion on a few good web hosting sites? I was looking at going with Value Web (thru Networksolutions.com website) for my husband's small business. His site was on that server when the domain name was registered with someone else. I'm in the process of getting the domain name registered in my husband's name. The transfer is taking place within Networksolutions, as there is no fee then.

Thanks!
    Sue

2. RSM123

RSM123

Hi,

If not merely looking for Free Hosting (with all the incumbent popup ads that plague surfers) then dependent on the purpose of the site, the volume of traffic you envisage getting - you might look here :

http://www.globat.com

3. Sue C

Sue C Thread Starter

No, I do not want a site that has pop up ads. I don't need the site to be free. It's my husband's business and it needs to look professional. I made the site in Front Page 2000, so the server has to support that program. He's gotten business from his site, but it currently is not on the web which is hurting his business. (long story what happened) I've got to get the site back on as soon as possible, but first I've got to get the domain name transferred to him (long story again). (sigh)

Thanks,
    Sue

4. RSM123

RSM123

Then I recommend you look at what the above Webhosts offer.

There are some who post here who only want to upload a personal website and therefore don't mind popups or other limitations.

However the above are professional hosts with a variety of packages.

5. BillC

BillC

I don't know how much space you need, but many ISPs offer some space as part of your monthly service. For example, I use Comcast and get 20mb or 25mb with my monthly service. Just a thought. You may need more space.

6. Baktash

Baktash

I guess Yahoo is the best

7. Big-K

Big-K

Theres always tripod. They have popups and a banner in the free version, but theres a few upgrade packages.

8. net_newsy

net_newsy

HI SUE! :)

first of all if your desired "domain name" was registered to someone else ...you can't register the same name even if you plan to move on to different server/web host (unless that domain name "expires"). so next time you register a new "domain name" try to upgrade or extend the expiration date(... sounds like vitamins! ;)).

here's a list of domain name/web hosts you can choose

DOMAIN NAME regs

www.godaddy.com/
    www.easyspace.com/
    www.dotster.com/
    www.dynonames.com/

WEB HOSTS regs

LOOKING FOR SPEED? try
    iPowerWeb
    http://www.ipowerweb.com/
    Easy sign-up, FREE Domain Name, 800mb for $7.95 month

EXTRA SPACE? try
    Globat
    http://www.globat.com/
    Tons of Space, 2000mb for $7.50

TIGHT BUDGET? try
    Your-Site
    http://www.your-site.com/
    Cheap, $5 a month for 50mb

so many web hosts out there but i consider them of good service with solid reputation. :p

9. Lana

Lana

My site has been hosted by Earthlink since July 2002 and I've been very happy with their service. No ads. 24/7 help online or phone, which I think is very important. I've only used their help 2 -3 times but I would not take a web host that did not offer it. I pay $20 a month and it is worth it. I don't know what Earthlink is like as a provider as we have road runner here for internet connection and it's another great service.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/197609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice