1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Looking for name of file download from Windows

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Wallenberg, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Wallenberg

Wallenberg Thread Starter

The subject of this thread reflects the fact that I originally could not remember the name "DirectX Runtime".

I tried to install and run a new version of Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and it warned me that I needed to download "DirectX Runtime" from the Windows Download Center.

This has happened to me in the past with another app and I have downloaded a file that appeared to be "DirectX Runtime". But I could never get it to install correctly.

I previously switched to Windows Media Player. But I really don't like it and I'd like to know if anyone may be able to suggest a reason why I could never seem to get it to install on my PC successfully?

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16332 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 931 GB (878 GB Free); E: 1863 GB (423 GB Free); F: 3726 GB (2177 GB Free); G: 3726 GB (2412 GB Free); H: 3726 GB (2412 GB Free); I: 7452 GB (2412 GB Free); J: 7452 GB (2818 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DQ77MK
    Antivirus: None

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Once you download the DirectX Run-time I think it creates folder with the actual real installer in the C: drive, go there and run the setup/installation.

3. Wallenberg

Wallenberg Thread Starter

Thank you Triple6. I am marking this thread "Solved" now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!