Looking for new power supply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Obmutescence

Well here I am, just wanting some advice on getting a new power supply. Right now I'm not running that powerful of a machine it's just more of something to get ready for my upgrade. Right now I have a 500W power supply...it was pretty cheap so I'm wanting to get a new one because I think this cheap one isn't doing the job for me.
Here's the two that I'm thinking of getting at the moment:

Corsair:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

Antec:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371010

Any advice? Thoughts? Right now I am running 1GB RAM, 8800GTS 320MB, P4 3.0Ghz, 1 SATA HD, and 2 IDE burners. I plan on upgrading to a Q6600, 4GB RAM, 9800 series more than likely and add in another HD and probably new burners. Thanks for any help in advance.

crjdriver

FWIW I have had a few antecs die lately. I would go with the corsair psu. As I recall corsair does not do the mfg of the unit; they are made by seasonic [high quality mfg]

I'm using the exact same Corsair one right now, almost silent, and good power.

Obmutescence

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did end up buying the Corsair power supply that I listed. Hope it arrives here soon. Getting sick of my cheap power supply :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online