1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Looking for PaperPort 3100 installation software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bcon76, Dec 11, 2001.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bcon76

bcon76 Guest Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Visioneer PaperPort 3100 scanner through a online auction (I know, it was a sill thing to do given the outcome) and it did not come with any software. This is something I knew but in advance but I thought it would be no problem to find a download. Well I found the driver with no problem but the software is proving to be more difficult. I am almost sure that it is not available, even for purchase. I e-mailed Visioneer over a week ago and got no response. Any help in locating this software would be greatly appreciated. And for those who are interested the scanner only cost me $20. So it wasn't the most expensive mistake I've ever made.

2. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

3. slipe

slipe

Can you scan just using the driver software? You could probably accumulate enough freeware to do most of what you need to do if you can.

4. bcon76

bcon76 Guest Thread Starter

No, it seems that the drivers are only updates. I just received an e-mail from Visioneer. Here is what they say

"Thank you for contacting Visioneer Technical Support.

While we would like to address your concern, we can only handle technical
    issues related to our scanners. Please be informed that the drivers
    available for download from our website are only updates, and not full
    installation versions. The only way to properly install your scanner is via
    CD-ROM. If you do not have your original installation CD, you can obtain a
    replacement by calling our Order Department at 1-888-229-4172."

I guess I will give them a call and see what they want to rake me for. Might not even be worth it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice