1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for print-to-e-mail driver

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by plejon, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm looking for a printer driver that I can print to, and that transforms the output in an HTML e-mail.

I'm currently using PDF creator, to print a payment reminder from my accounting program. I can then e-mail the PDF to my client, which works fine, but the client receives a mail with a PDF in attach. I would love to see that the client of the e-mail immediately sees the text (can be html), instead of having to click on the PDF to open it.

I also tried Rarefind's PaperLessPrinter, but it basically has the same problem as PDF creator. It generates a nice e-mail but the HTML version of my document is attached to the mail in a zip file, so the receiver of the e-mail has to open the attachment.

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    What accounting package are you using for generating invoices?

3. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

I live in Belgium, so I'm using a local program called Winking.

I'm not sure this is relevant. The document I print is just some basic text with a logo on top, I can even live without the logo, as long as my customer can see the content of the document without having to open an attachment.

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Is there an export option, when you view the report within the application?

5. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

Not really.

The program has a print message box where I can choose the printer I want, the layout I prefer, number of copies, that sort of thing.

Nothing about an export option.

What I'm doing now is go into the accounting program, select the "unpaid invoices" report for one customer, and print it to a PDF using PDFCreator. I then tried to e-mail the report to our customers, saying please pay all invoices in attachment. The response was very low.

I then went into the PDF, did a ctrl-A, pasted that as text-only in an e-mail, and I get a much better response. The problem is that I lose the formatting of the report, so I have do some manual clean-up of the e-mail. This is not a problem for a couple of e-mails, but I have to mail at least 50 customers every week, so I lose a lot of time, not to mention how boring it is.

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Does the application use a certain ODBC driver? If so maybe you can connect into it and do a mail merge using Word to pull data from it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice