1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

looking for quality

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theseus75, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theseus75

theseus75 Thread Starter

I build computers to sell on eBay and one of the most costly factors is my time. Lately, more and more, it's been spent troubleshooting only to find that it wasn't operator error, but rather manufacturer defects that are the problem. Cases, mostly, are worthless. I've tried lots of different brands, and the only common thread has been poor quality and manufacturer defects.

Does anyone know of a quality case company; maybe something not out of China? I would be willing to pay more, of course, to save myself the time of returning cases to the store time and again and troubleshooting only to find something is wrong with the product. If I found one really good case, I'd like to think I could just buy that one over and over.

Thanks.

2. SirKenin

SirKenin Banned

3. Rukee

Rukee Banned

I know what you mean, I build puters too and alot of switch and front hindged doors have failed for me also. I now have a Silverstone T-6 bright aluminum case is excellent quality and looks very nice. They have some other cases that look very nice too. Most don`t wanna spend the mony so I usually buy the RaidMax brand gamer cases which all 'look' cool, and then replace the included power supplies with a real one as the RaidMax ones will and do fail in short time.

4. theseus75

theseus75 Thread Starter

Yeah, the gamer cases have been particulalry troublesome, now that you mention it. You can just look at them funny and they fall apart. It's odd when compared to old pcs with cases so sturdy you could sit on them.

5. Wino

Wino

Take a look at Ultra cases at www.TigerDirect.com. I've used them and quite happy with the Dragon Series.

6. theseus75

theseus75 Thread Starter

That's funny. Someone just pointed me to tigerdirect about a week ago, and their deals on mobos look great. I'll check out the cases, too. Thanks.

7. lansens

lansens

I would stick with Antec cases as they are always good quality. However I would not buy them from TigerDirect. I would buy from NewEgg.com or zipzoomfly.com.

8. digger747

digger747

I wont use anything but antec cases for my new builds and if you buy one with a power supply at least it is not junk like alot of them.Sometimes directron.com is cheaper than newegg on antec cases. Have used thermaltake cases on a few builds when they wanted something out of the ordinary,constructed well also.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/421754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice