1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking For Quiet HSF

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TurtleX, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TurtleX

TurtleX Thread Starter

I have an A7N8X-E Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Thoroughbred) and a Raidmax Cobra case. I am looking for a quiet heatsink/fan. I've researched so many and lots of them look massive or are too heavy. I have a Thermaltake Volcano 11+ Xaser and the clearance between PSU and this thing is almost none, it's also loud when turned up. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Have you looked into a fan controller? I run a 50CFM 60mm Delta fan on my sink (The loudest fan you can get), but I run it on a fan controller so that I can't hear it at all outside the case..

3. TurtleX

TurtleX Thread Starter

The Thermaltake Volcano 11+ Xaser comes with a fan controller which I am using. It's quiet when turned all the way down, but doesn't do a good job cooling when it's on low.

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Are you useing Artic silver paste, or a thermal pad. Mine runs around 40-45C under full load.. I've even ran it without a fan on it for about a month once when I accedently broke a fan blade off while blowing the dust out.

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

6. TurtleX

TurtleX Thread Starter

I'm using paste. At full speed the Volcano 11+ runs at 48dB! I can't stand that much noise. I've turned it down a bit and my CPU hovers around 122F.

7. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

122F isn't that bad.. It's around 50C.. You could go lower..

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice