1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

looking for recommendation of anti-malware programs

Discussion in 'General Security' started by debodun, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. debodun

debodun Thread Starter

I already have Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes. On my old computer I had AdAware and SpyBot, but the tech from whom I bought my current system didn't recommend having them. I am looking for FREE programs that are easy to install and run. Are there any other good (and free) anti-malware programs, or is what I have enough? (recently MalwareBytes picked up PUP.BundleInstaller.OI on my system, but it wasn't detected with a MSE scan).

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

MSE or Avira are still the best choices for a free antivirus.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware are the anti-spyware programs we recommend the most.

SpywareBlaster is another good complement to have.

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware have different functions and will find different issues. That's why we recommend you install and use all 3 of them.

Get rid of Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search & Destroy.

-------------------------------------------------------

4. debodun

debodun Thread Starter

SuperAnti Spyware crashed my computer. It froze up and wouldn't respond. I had to pull the power plug. Any idea why this happened?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1062020