1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

looking for software amplifier

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by glowpowered, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. glowpowered

glowpowered Thread Starter

I have an Acer 3050 laptop. The volume is extremely low. I have all levels maxed out and I have the latest drivers. I sent the laptop out for warranty repair and they said nothing was wrong and the laptop just has low volume. It isn't just me because other people have agreed with me. The only conclusion i can draw is to get a free software based audio amplifier. Does anyone know of one. Thanks in advance

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The audio amplifier hardware in a laptop can only output a certain maximum amount of power into the speakers. No amount of software can increase that power rating.

You may be able to find compression software that will make quieter sounds louder but will not make loud sounds any louder.

3. glowpowered

glowpowered Thread Starter

then what other options is there

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    External amplified speakers

New laptop with more powerful speakers

5. MadWyvern

MadWyvern

There has to be some form of software audio boost that would work. My laptop plays stuff that is recorded louder very well, but just about all (not all) flash video is quiet. MP3s play very loud, but movies I can only hear clearly with headphones on. Except for the odd one that nearly blast me out of my chair. For those I can pull the headphones and listen to the laptop speakers just fine. So it has to be the source before the amp and speakers. All i am looking for is a software amp or equalizer that will even out the sound output.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice