Looking for some good DVR software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

diablo75

Someone I know just finished putting together a DVR using a refurbished dell PC and a nice TV tuner card by hauppauge. But the software that comes with it isn't all that impressive (though he may find a few useful features I didn't have time look for).

I was wondering if there are any better DVR software programs out there that will help him achieve his goal of building a Tivo from scratch (so to speak). Specifically, we're looking for something that will download TV schedules but not cost him any sort of monthly fee like Tivo does. The system is running XP so it'll need to run on that.

Any suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online