1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking For Un-Assembled PC kits

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by patmac, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

Hello,
    Anyone know of where I can get unassembled PC kits? Or if in fact such an animal exisits? Or possibly some flavor of what I am looking for?
    I'm looking for something which has all components and software that has to be assembled, or variations of this.
    My son likes working on things, so I'm looking into something like this as a gift.
    Any ideas or similar pointers would be appreciated.
    Thank you for your time,
    patmac

2. rhorne4

rhorne4

search the internet for barebones systems.you can find what you want that way.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

patmac, if you tell us your budget and what the PC main use will be, we'll suggest what components would be the best to purchase to put a kit together.

99.9% of the time barebones kits are missing something. But, I believe we can get everything from one store in one shipment ordering the parts independently.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It really is pretty simple to buy the few parts for a complete PC, and you get to pick exactly what you want for each component. Any pre-assembled kit would probably have some sub-standard components that you may not be that impressed with.

5. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

As always here, thanks for the input.
    I'm looking to spend around $300-500. The uses of this machine ( besides my 12 yr old building it and learning about PCs ) will be for internet, homework, music burning/copying etc, some possible games ( not heavy ones ). I don't want to rule out DVD work either. A possible high speed connection in the future. Thats all I can think of right now, but I think you have the picture now. Sorry I didn't have this info at first.
    Thank you again, for your time!!!!
    patmac

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/298105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice