1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for Voice Recognition Software. Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dtpollock, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dtpollock

dtpollock Thread Starter

First Name:
    Duncan
    Hi all

This is just a quick question for all of you out there. I am physically disabled, and at the moment have trouble typing. I was wondering if anyone knew of any kind of Voice Recognition Software out there, that I could download, that would pretty much control the whole computer........that is to say, control my Windows XP environment, and my applications.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

http://www.voiceflux.net/

Nitrous Voice Flux is a voice recognition and system control utility made by Nitrous Online. Voice Flux has been downloaded and used through out the world for many different tasks; from simplifying day-to-day tasks to aiding the disabled in their computer use. Voice Flux is designed for to take commands and react accordingly, not to be a continuous dictation application for writing documents. These commands can range from simply opening a program, file, or website, to the more advanced scripting that allows the user to create complex instructions to automate tasks and make their computer experience better.

FREEWARE for personal use.

3. dtpollock

dtpollock Thread Starter

First Name:
    Duncan
    O.k, I've downloaded and installed Voice Flux, but now it says I have to install SpeechSDK 5.1, and it's like 69 MB

Is this right?

Thanks for the help

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's correct, that's the size of the download.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice