1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for "wallpaper" software??

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Stayfair11, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stayfair11

Stayfair11 Thread Starter

Howdy all....hope this is an appropriate place for this question, so here goes.

A few years ago I came across a program that was like a personal information manager in that it had a calendar that I could add events to. What I really liked about it was that it allowed me to convert that calendar into my desktop wallpaper with just a click.

Has anyone seen anything like this or have an easy way to make desktop wallpaper out of a calendar program?

Thanks.

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

It's not automatic but you could open the calendar program, maximize it, hit the prt scr button on your keyboard. This will place a snapshot of whatver is on your screen on the cliboard. Open any image editor and paste it... save the image and set it as your wallpaper under display settings.

If you don't have an editor you can paste it in paint then save it, paint can be found in the aceesories folder on you start menu.

3. Knotbored

Knotbored

I think what you are looking for is a freeware (donations) program named CLICK TRAY CALENDAR
    http://www.waseo.de/articles.php?lng=en&pg=34

It is always in my tray, and has an option (I don't use) to make it walpaper. It is easy to add daily/weekly/monthly events, and I use is for a clipboard about every day to save snipets of information.

Attached Files:

4. Stayfair11

Stayfair11 Thread Starter

thecoalman - I knew this was an option but wasn't sure how to go about doing it....thanks a bunch and if I can't find the software I was looking for I have something to fall back on.

Knotbored - Thanks for the link...I'm heading over right now to give it a looksee. Based on what you say in your post that could be exactly what I'm looking for/had used before.

Thanks to both of y's, again.

Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice