Solved Looking for Windows Live Mail Expert....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

perihelio

Hey-

I hate it when all of a sudden some setting gets changed and I don't know how to get back to where I was.
I am an "archiving person" by DNA and pretty much save all incoming emails from people I know and all email that I send. My system [Windows Live Mail with outlook.com email] is set to copy each sent email to my SENT EMAIL FOLDER then at some time later I drop them into a folder named for whomever I sent it to. Up until now, if I have sent an email to, say, "[email protected]", when I go to my Sent Folder, I see that email address and the Subject, date, etc.

All of a sudden, emails are going into that folder with the correct subject, date, etc., but to MY email address. I used to be able to go in every week or so, sort by the name I sent to, and block select move them to the correct file.

NOW I have to open each one to see WHO I sent it to before filing.....a ten-fold time waster.

4 Dec. 29 06.21 PM.jpg
Anyone know what is happening here? Thanks.

perihelio

No joy. Conversations are/have been off. All rules intact and working as designed.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
So is it your address showing as the TO address field?

perihelio

Yes, MY address. This is something new. It always WAS the "TO" address. And to make it more of a mystery...it doesn't do it on EVERY email, just some. And the below screen shot adds to the mystery...these two lines are from my SENT folder; they are to the same person; 3 minutes apart. The bottom one posted correctly, the top one had MY email address.

6 Dec. 29 10.07 PM.jpg

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Does the same behavior show if you use www.outlook.com?

Wait, you intially said you were using an Outlook.com address but the screenshot shows you using a Road Runner email account.

perihelio

I have one roadrunner (rr.com) account and one (outlook.com) account. It is occurring on both....

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
If you uncheck the option to save a copy in the Sent folder, do any messages still appear in the Sent folder?

perihelio

If I uncheck the first box in the options window (screen-shot at the beginning of this thread) the emails that are already there...remain. I assume that
new sent emails would not appear there.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Yes, its the new emails I'm concerned about. I just want to see if they do somehow end up there anyways.

perihelio

I unchecked....sent test email from one of my account to the other. That DID NOT SHOW in the sent items folder. I re-checked the box....sent a 2nd test email. That DID SHOW in the sent items folder.
Thanks.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Ok, so not likely a hidden or corrupt rule. If it affected all emails being sent I would say that somehow the From and To fields got reversed.

If you go to File and About, what Build version does it list?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Ah, that's it. Seems the latest patch is the cause, this one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49486

See this thread: http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-e...essentials-mail-2012-kb3093594-kills-wlm.html

Few people mention the same thing later on in the thread. Uninstall the patch and see if it works properly, you may also need to do a repair through Programs and Features if the uninstall by itself doesn't do the trick.

I'm on the previous version and it seems to be working alright.

perihelio

Thank you. I uninstalled WLM, rebooted and reloaded from my download file. Since I am Running Windows 7 -- I tried 10 and didn't see any advantages to it for ME....and it doesn't do something that I needed--I reverted to 7. I remember getting the patch email but as I recall, it was for 10, so I have not gone out to find it and apply it. Now since I was not 'crashing' as was the problem described for those in that link thread, I won't know for a few days if what I did will make my issue go away since my problems was not occurring with ALL my emails....just SOME intermittently. I'll come on here again in a few days to report the results and hopefully close out the thread...or not. : ) Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online