1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking to boost my gaming performance.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by in4pain, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4pain

in4pain Thread Starter

Hello all. I'm looking to boost my performance with my machine and was wondering if it would be possible to get some recommendations on what I can adjust to get better performance. I'm not quite sure all the info you will need but I'm going to start by posting a few things and if someone would like to offer up some suggestions I can try I would be grateful. I'm using nTune for my current settings and adjustments.

System Clocks:
    Reference clock: 267 mhz
    cpu multiplier: 9.0x
    cpu core frequency: 2,403mhz
    fsb frequency: 1,068 (qdr)mhz
    memory bus frequency: 801 (ddr2)mhz
    -----------------------------------
    SPP reference clock (PCI-E): 2,500 mhz
    MCP reference clock (PCI-E): 2,500 mhz

System voltages are:
    cpu 1.287v
    memory 1.850v
    fsb 1.200v
    HT nForce SPP <-> MCP - N/A
    nForce SPP 1.250v
    nForce MCP N/A
    Auxilary 1.500v
    ------------------------------------

I have the fan control on auto. I'm curious because the slider on the FSB seems to be dialed down real low. FSB is a big deal I guess and I think I might have mine turned way down by default. I dont think you need the memory timings but I can post them if indeed they are something you need. Hopefully I can get one of you pros to have a look at the numbers and point me in the right direction. I might have things set good right now and not know it. The main reason I wanted to post this was the description I had when I mouse over the FSB setting. "increase performance for gaming (only reason I built the machine)or lower to conserve power. The slider is almost down to the minimum at this point.

At this point everything is as it always has been, stock. Almost any game I play wants to run at "low" levels. Guess I just dont understand what to look at when it comes to making sure I have this thing set up to game with.

Thanks for the time.

Donnie.
    XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4 GHZ
    4GB GSkill
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512MB
    700W Ultra Power Supply
    Samsung 22inch 1650 x 1080 panel

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/987710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice