1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking to buy a new headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JuicyFlipper, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JuicyFlipper

JuicyFlipper Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

So I've decided to go and buy a new headset after my current one is getting a bit dodgy in some aspects.

I am limited to buying from this website: http://www.pccasegear.com
    and I am quite confident in buying one of two Corsair headsets. I'm completely indecisive of which one though. One is a direct USB connection, and the other one is analogue that I would use with my Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card.

First option: Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 Dolby 7.1 USB Headset
    (Note that this is virtual 7.1 surround sound with Dolby software)

Second option: Corsair Vengeance 1400 Analog Headset
    (Note that this is stereo only)

My main concern is whether or not it is better to get the more recent 1500 model or the older 1400 model that I could use with my sound card.

I'm also open to suggestions of other headsets, although they need to be worth less than $110 on the website I mentioned. I'll be using the headset for the entire range of things from gaming to movies to music. I will be using the mic every day as well.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Boils down to personal preference. The USB model will not take advantage of your soundcard.

3. JuicyFlipper

I am aware that the USB model will not take advantage of my sound card, that is exactly my concern. I am wondering what everyone's opinions are regarding my specific choices and USB virtual 7.1 vs Analog stereo with sound card.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Again, boils down to how it's used and personal preference.

I've got no experience with those models, but it's likely not a case of which is better. It basically boils down to how they will be used.

5. JuicyFlipper

Again; I am aware of everything you are saying. Like i said; "I am wondering what everyone's opinions are."

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I would use the analog version, because I could give a **** about fake surround sound.

When I use headphones, it's normally for music or YouTube. Don't want or need surround sound for that. When I watch a movie, I use my surround speakers.

Everyones opinion will be based on how they use their PC. So... (rinse, wash, repeat).

7. JuicyFlipper

I'm talking about opinions on what would be best for MY situation.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1126232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice