Looking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

padutch

I am looking for an Outlook file ( acmsetup.stf )
Any help here?
DUTCH

Dutch
This is the only thing I could find in reference to outlook 98 (acmsetup.stf ).
Since I do not use outlook I am not much familiar with it.
The article may or may not help since it leads to calling customer no service.
MS KB Article click here Click Here
Dave

padutch

Thanks davey7549
It did lead to a whole bunch of good information but nothing helped. If I could find a place to buy a CD with Outlook 98 on I would be happy but so far I haven't found any. I did find out that to reinstall Outlook 98 because I have it already I can place a phone call. Price is $35 per call so I think I will wait to find a CD and use the money towards to purchasing it.
DUTCH

Can I ask why you don't upgrade to Outlook Express 5 or 6? If you upgrade your Internet Explorer to at least 5.x you get OE. I think Outlook 98 comes with Office 97??? I use OE6 and have used OE5 for some time. I find it better than 98 and they were FREE. (so to speak) :D

padutch

Emtronics
I already have OE6 on my PC. The reason for Outlook is that I have 2 email addresses and I used Outlook for years and really like it.
DUTCH

Max19

Account Disabled
Outlook Express and Outlook are two totally different products. You don't "upgrade" from Outlook to Outlook Express. Outlook Express is free, and you can use it for multiple e-mail addresses.

Outlook 98 is two versions old. You probably won't be able to purchase it in a regular store. Look for it at discount software web sites or auction sites.

No kidding Max. I know they are two different programs. Like I posted above, Outlook98 comes with MSOffice. Outlook Express is a different program all together but similar to Outlook98. What did I say? It's not my first Christmas.

Max19

Account Disabled
What version of Office came with Outlook 98? Office 97 comes with Outlook 97. Office 2000 comes with Outlook 2000. Office XP comes with Outlook XP.

Emtronics, have you used Outlook 98? Outlook and Outlook Express are very, very different. The only similarity that comes to mind is that they are both used to check e-mail. Even with that being the same, they are configured differently.

padutch

Max19
Thanks for the insite. I would not have thought to check out Ebay. Will give it a looksee.
Thanks for all the imput from the lot of you.
DUTCH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online