Looks like a dead pixel, but I can definitely feel something...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnlau

I've got what looks like a dead pixel. But when I run my finger over it, or run my fingernail over it, I can definitely feel something there... Yet I have tried to scratch at it with my finger nail but it won't come off... What is going on? I've got a brightview screen... Could it be an indentation or something like that? What should I do..?

Hulk701

Banned
Evidently this is a very common problem with LCD screens. Its a manufacturer's defect. My humble advice: leave it alone... (y)

(besides, you could always scratch someting else off in the process, making your small pixel several hundred pixels... ;)

johnlau

What do you mean?

This is the first time I have seen this spot.

Now, I do not think it is a dead pixel. I turned off the laptop and the spot is still there. I can't tell if it is an indentation or what... Still can't scratch it off...

Triple6

Rob
Well if its a defect have you tried contacting the place you bought it or the manufacturer?

johnlau

I just emailed HP. They said they'll take a look at it. But I read the warning at the end: they won't fix it if they determine the customer is the one who caused it.

I don't think I caused it. It has been like that since I've known. The laptop is only 2-3 months old. Do you think they'll fix/replace it?

If you don't think you caused it, then you shouldn't have to much of a problem. If it's such a problem that you need it fixed, then perhaps you should get it done. Hulk was saying that it's a manufacturers defect - if so, they would already know about it and (theoretically) should take care of it for you.
Worse case scenario - you have to pay for a repair. Make sure to tell them to contact you before they make any repairs. That way you will know if they are going to charge you or not. You will then have the choice of whether or not to let them fix it.

Good evening gentlemen, these kinds of problems are one of the pitt-falls with these kinds of screens, some pixels die dark, some die bright and some do other in between kinds of things. Actually my advice has always been not the touch these screens at all.
Normally there is a pixel problem policy, dependent of it's location on the screen, it's kind of problem, and the amount of problem pixels within a specific area.
Many people are unimpressed at these kinds of warranties but the complexities of the screens and the probabilities of problems are incredibly high, so many organisations have a limited warranty kind of policy.
Your problem sounds almost like some kind of impact with the screen has occurred, which would most likely be non-compensatable.
The general best rule is if you have one of these up-market devices you give it suitable care, or pay for any replacement parts yourself.
The description you mention would appear to me to be some kind of problem apart from a manufacturing problem and as such would be your problem, of course it is probably dependent on your religion as to whether it can be covered by warranty.
I would wish you all the best, I think you will need every ounce of best wishes somehow.
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online