1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looks like Pogo.com is having some issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by 8dalejr.fan, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan Thread Starter

This is happening on both my computer, my brother's computer, and apparently with other people.

When you join a game room, whether it be Chess, Poppit, whatever and you try to type in a message in the chat box, the characters that appear do not corrispond with what I type.

For example:

If I type the "I" letter in, it will appear that I write * or & or =. It's different every time.

But if I type a group of characters together to form a word, it is fine.

Is this happening to anyone else if you try to type in an I into the chat box. It seems like it's mostly that letter and a couple other ones.

2. 8dalejr.fan

Could anyone tell me please if it's happening to them or just the computers at my house? It's really weird.

3. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Just tried it, same thing happened. I think I typed in 3 H's and it came out like $==

4. 8dalejr.fan

Thanks Cheeseball for coming to the rescue once again! You're my hero, just for replying to this thread. :)

I was getting pretty paranoid there and I thought that all my computers were going crazy, but now I know that it's not only me who's having it.

Why do you think that's happening?

5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

:D
    To be honest I have no idea. This must be very recent because I was playing Pogo only last night and didn't notice anything.
    Maybe they are having issues with filtering.

Because the only time I have ever noticed odd characters like that is when someone swears. :p

6. 8dalejr.fan

:)

My brother actually noticed it this afternoon. One of his little friends on there was annoying him and he was trying to send a message to them but weird characters came up. I thought, oh great what's wrong with his computer now and then I tried it on mine and the same thing happened.

Hope they fix it soon. Rather annoying. :rolleyes:

7. o.0

o.0

I think its like filters? It's always happened since ive been playing there.

8. o.0

o.0

Ok you guys can turn off chat filters. When you're in a room hit chat options and turn them off. It fixes the problem.

9. 8dalejr.fan

I'm not talking about swear words being filtered. I know they do that. That's not the problem. I was saying that there was something else wrong. When you typed a single letter in like an "I" for example, it would turn out to be an asterisk or an equal sign.

Are individual letters being filtered now for some reason?

10. o.0

o.0

yes it did that to me until i turned off the chat filters...if I just said "k" or something it always did that to me until a friend said turn off filters. It hasn't done it since. Try it and let me know if im wrong, but it worked for me.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!