1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

loose connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by titoshauri, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. titoshauri

titoshauri Thread Starter

i have this problem, where by when i resume from standby mode i loose wireless connection, i.e. connection to wireless router. i have try to download new drivers and software from manufacture (hp.. compaq presario laptop r4125ca) change power setting, upgrade BIOS to no luck. anyone had similar problem? appreciations in advance.

2. cancon

cancon

Are you using the Wireless Zero Configuration? That's the one which comes with windows. Several computers come with third-party wireless software which disables WZC and ends up taking over the Wireless card. The most common culprit is Intel PRO Wireless.

If so, then try to re-enable the WZC. That usually works much better than any third-pary software.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you change the power setting in Device Manager to not allow the wireless NIC to power down in standby mode? FWIW, it's normal to lose the wireless connection in standby mode, but it should be re-established when you connect.

4. titoshauri

titoshauri Thread Starter

Yeah i think i should put my problem this way. if for some reason i dont want to be on wireless network i have to disable it right? but when i want to resume... i get this messege...LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY from this point i will have to restart my laptop. alternatively i can put my laptop to standby mode and resume later... from that point i will not have internet.
    so if the computer is on... and i try to disable wireless and then enables again... trouble starts.
    i have chat online with hp help desk and change power management settings, change BIOS, change drivers and install new software for wireless , lately i have install winsockfix and nothing good happen...
    simple picture the problem this way... when you resumes from disabled wireless you wont get to wireless network...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice