Looses connectivity but Windows doesn't show it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kintsu

My network connection likes to go in and out and I don't know what the problem is. I have a cable modem and I use a Linksys router (Model BEFSR41 ver. 2). The only way I've found to fix it is, going under the Network Connections and click on the Internet Connection under Internet gateways and enabling it. I know this sounds weird but it has alway said "Disabled" but it was never an issue before. When I enable it, a little window pops up and says "Enabling..." then "Enabled", But the connection still says it's dissabled but I recieve the connectivity that I'm suppose to have. After a while I lose my connection again. Any ideas?

Kintsu

Ok, I tried to do what you did, but when I try to upload the firmware, I recieve a message saying "Couldn't connect to server" and I can't open the options page to my router using the 192.168.1.1

Now what?!

Uhg...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online