Lose sound on Toshiba laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

champine53

I have had trouble on my Toshiba A75-s206 with losing all sound. There is no sound with tunring on the laptop as Windows open, nor is there sound when I try to listen to music, watch a DVD, etc. When I go to my control panel and open the sounds and audio devices, the Device Volume area is greyed out so that nothing can be changed. i have had this problem intermittently. every once in a while when i restart it, the sound will return, and then it is gone again. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

champine53

Tried to download the driver, but when I unzip it and try to install it, I get an error message (I downloaded the driver from the US site because the UK site you linked didn't have the driver for my A75 series). Here it is what it says:
AppName: alcupd.exe AppVer: 1.7.0.0 ModName: alcupd.exe
ModVer: 1.7.0.0 Offset: 00018d83

bonk

Banned
Understood.....

Try going to device Manager and Uninstalling your sound drivers and then restart your PC.

champine53

Uninstalling and restarting didn't work.
I have some CDs, but just XP stuff I think. What would you like me to try?

bonk

Banned
Just wondering if you got a Utility CD with the PC as sometimes they come with them....have you tried installing your chipset drivers from that site also.

If you have a Full XP CD try a repair install.

champine53

Don't have the XP cd after all, though I have a Toshiba Recovery and Applications CD. I tried to reinstall the Realtek Audio driver, but I got the same error message that I got when I tried to download and install the new driver.

there are no drivers on the Toshiba site or CD labeled "chipset". What should I be looking for? Thanks for the help thus far.

Hi I visited this site, when it prompted me 4 my serial number and i plugged it in they was sayin it is not registered. how can i go about that

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online