1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lose sound on Toshiba laptop

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by champine53, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. champine53

champine53 Thread Starter

I have had trouble on my Toshiba A75-s206 with losing all sound. There is no sound with tunring on the laptop as Windows open, nor is there sound when I try to listen to music, watch a DVD, etc. When I go to my control panel and open the sounds and audio devices, the Device Volume area is greyed out so that nothing can be changed. i have had this problem intermittently. every once in a while when i restart it, the sound will return, and then it is gone again. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

3. champine53

Tried to download the driver, but when I unzip it and try to install it, I get an error message (I downloaded the driver from the US site because the UK site you linked didn't have the driver for my A75 series). Here it is what it says:
    AppName: alcupd.exe AppVer: 1.7.0.0 ModName: alcupd.exe
    ModVer: 1.7.0.0 Offset: 00018d83

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood.....

Try going to device Manager and Uninstalling your sound drivers and then restart your PC.

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Did you get any CDs with the PC.......??

6. champine53

Uninstalling and restarting didn't work.
    I have some CDs, but just XP stuff I think. What would you like me to try?

7. bonk

bonk Banned

Just wondering if you got a Utility CD with the PC as sometimes they come with them....have you tried installing your chipset drivers from that site also.

If you have a Full XP CD try a repair install.

8. champine53

Don't have the XP cd after all, though I have a Toshiba Recovery and Applications CD. I tried to reinstall the Realtek Audio driver, but I got the same error message that I got when I tried to download and install the new driver.

there are no drivers on the Toshiba site or CD labeled "chipset". What should I be looking for? Thanks for the help thus far.

9. bonk

bonk Banned

10. champine53

we have a winner! thank you so much!

11. bonk

bonk Banned

Great! ......nice when that happens....

12. ladylaw

ladylaw

Hi I visited this site, when it prompted me 4 my serial number and i plugged it in they was sayin it is not registered. how can i go about that

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice