Losing connection internet after installs or time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CRR

This is a second hand computer that I got from a friend. When I got it I started downloading the software that I wanted on it.

McAfee Firewall,McAfee Virus,Spybot,AdAware,Registry Mechanic,Spyware Dr., ect.

The first time I lost my internet connection was when I tried to install Spyware Dr.
I did a system restore and skipped that program. I tried to install spybot with the same results. Again system restore. It worked fine for about a week and then over time I lost my connection again. I decided to use my system recovery cd and when I started installing things spybot and spyware dr. installed fine, this time McAfee firewall broke the connection. System restore had lost all of its restore points so I used the recovery cd again. I Started installing and got to McAfee virus and lost my connection. This goes on and on like this for about a month with different installs or time breaking my internet connection.

Things that may help you to know.............
Sometimes the connection will last for the first five or ten minutes, restarting the system will give me another five or ten minutes.

My firewall is not blocking my connection as it has been diabled or uninstalled during most of this.

I have downloaded Hijackthis and have had it read in the forum. I was told that it was clean.

In the past (before I got it) windows xp was installed on this computer, then uninstalled because of errors. No I don't know exactly what the problem was.

Uninstalling the program that breaks the connection does no good. Once the connection is gone the only way to recover it seems to be system restore or the recovery cd.

Related or not also over time system restore takes longer and longer. Last night it took five hours.

I'm sorry for the long post but I have posted in other forums with no luck and I wanted to be as detailed as I could. If I left any important information out just ask, I'm more then happy to answer.

As always thank You for any help that you can give.

Dimwitt

Update all drivers especially motherboard, nertwork card and get all available windows updates.

CRR

I should have mentioned that I did all updates before I started installing anything. The point that I restore my computer to is after all of those updates. I re-checked just in case and I am completely up to date.

CRR

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.