1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

losing connection

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by richsamtor1, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richsamtor1

richsamtor1 Thread Starter

iget on the internet fine butsome times it only last 5 minutes on and then iam off the in internet i shut down and i am right back on the internet this goes on every 4 to 5 minutes can anybody help me with this problem thank for any help

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Contact your ISP's technical support for assistance. You'll need to provide your operating system and other crtical data, for forum assistance. Have you got a firewall installed? What anti-virus program do you use? Have you run a updated virus scan? Do you have Ad-aware installed updated and run?

3. richsamtor1

thanks for your reply here are some answers to the question you asked .no firewall yes i have ad-ware installed.viris scan yes[ antivir9x ] operating systemwin98 sony pcv-130/150 160.omb ram. what do you mean byrun[ /quote] thanks for your help styxx

4. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

Go to Dial-up networking. Right click on you connection and go to properties. Surf around for the "idle timeout" option. make sure it is turned off.

Try it and let us know what happens!

5. richsamtor1

in answer to you suggestion, iam on a cable modem.thanks for your help

6. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Tnx for that info, just say so if the forum can help you further.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice