1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

losing desk top items

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by suzzie0214, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. suzzie0214

suzzie0214 Thread Starter

hi when i logged on to my computer i lost all my desktop items the desk top bar disapears i went into task and into run i type explorer and it still disapeared i ran spy bot got rid of the spy ware and did a virus scan by gettin my programs from the task grid i can not access any programs from my desk top do you have any ideas how to get explorer to work again ty :eek:

2. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

I had a similar problem once. I rebooted twice without doing anything else and the problem fixed itself ! The OS was WinXP Pro. I still haven't figured out the how, why, and what behind my loss and subsequent find of all my desktop items.

Hope that helps, but I'm not expecting much...

3. suzzie0214

ive rebooted a million times i have no items on desk top went into task and found yahoo i can open messenger from there so im on web but still no desk top items thanks for trying

4. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Please post more info such as your operating system, when the problem started, etc. If you are using Windows XP, the easiest solution is likely to be to do a restore to a date when the system was working well.

If you do a search on this forum for spyware and virus, you will find plenty of free online scans for both.

Let's wait for someone who has more experience with this type of problem to advise. In the meantime, please post more details about your computer and how/when you noticed the problem.

5. suzzie0214

ihave a hp windows 2000 im on cable connection.. i cant acess the internet only yahoo i tryed yahoo search an no way wont work i reboot the task bar on the bottom of the screen comes on then disapears in seconds.. i ran spybot search and destroy got rid of that ran virus scanner had no viruses i have no desktop icons and in task there is no explorer running it is drivin me mad

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/419010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice