losing files from computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scorpiongh80

hi

i am losing files from my computer. only picture and video files. once i save a file off the internet it usually lasts a few days on my hard drive and then disappears. i have used windows 98 and currently use 2000 and have the same problem. have tried an external hard drive and saved the file and then disconnected the usb cable and the same thing happens next time i connect it. have formatted hdd a couple of times and problem reoccured both times.

please help (y)

thanks

Howdy scorpiongh80
I am wondering are you saving to a specific folder created for your picture and video files in say, My Documents or just to the main drive? Or are the pics staying in a temporary internet file?
Regards Paula :)

Almost sounds like a virus, but lets not come to false conclusions. First off, open My Computer, right click on your hard drive, select properties, click the tools tab, in the "Error Checking" box, click "Check Now...," in the pop up box check off both boxes, select "Yes" to allow the computer to restart, and it'll run.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online