1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Losing frames in-game

Discussion in 'Games' started by NIKEZ, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this falls in the right category, but I think it's close enough.

So I'm playing a game on the pc and I'm usually running it at around 100 fps. I turn the pc off, then I turn it back on a day later. I'm playing the same game and the fps dropped to around 50 fps. It's not doing it to just one specific game, but all the games that I play. I restart the pc and try the game again and it's back up at 100 fps. Any solutions? My hard drive has about 15gb left of space left, but I don't think that's the case.

Specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Sapphire HD5870 1GB
    AMD Phenom II x6 Black Edition
    8gb DDR3

Thanks

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    i would think maybe the video card is not warming up? That is odd

3. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. The graphics card probably is cold, but I don't know. It's winter, it's cold. The games are not losing frames right now at least.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    yeah I wondering if the drop in temperature is causing the issue. I would keep an eye on that

5. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

Actually I'm starting to think my graphics card is failing... I'm seeing these strange artifacts while gaming.

6. shihni

shihni

I agree, it sounds like a dying card to me. Funky pixils are the second sign of the apocalypse.

7. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

Really? Then what's the third sign?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice