Losing frames...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bilibom

Banned
Hello...
lately i noticed that i m losing fps. Its very annoying and i cant understand how this happened. So far I had no special problems and I could download files at the same time without lose frames. I just made format(win xp sp2) but no improvement. Maybe my card(new) is not properly setted?
[athlon 64 3200+ Ram 2GB geforce 6600gt]
:(

A little more information would help. What games are you losing framerates in? What did you use to get, and what are you getting now? As long as you're getting video on your monitor, you card is probably seated fine, I wouldn't worry about that. You can change performance options to get better framerates, but you lose visual quality.

You said you formatted, do you mean you deleted everything off the drive during the installation of Windows, or did you install Windows over your old installation? Either way, I would advise a spyware/virus scan to get rid of any garbage. Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard and video card.

bilibom

Banned
Hello and thanks for your reply.
I can give all info u want.
First of all i want tell u i m not a pc starter.
My vga card is placed properly and when i say "format" i mean a clean install of win XP in a clear HD. No spywares or viruses. Latest drivers for my 6600gt are installed.
I m talking for a problem that I faced it suddenly. Until yesterday I was ok, as I said. I could play a game without lose frames. When I had my old processor(xp3200+) I couldnt download files at the same time, because of losing frames. Now that I got my new athlon 64 3200+, I can play properly and download at the same time. But suddenly i have problem and cant understand why. I lose frames, this is more obvious in games which require much processor's power like "Colin Mac Rae Rally 04". If I change game's options to low quality or low analysis, I have no improvement.
Could it be wrong frequency of my rams?(kingston 2GB,dual channel mode,400MHz). Or any bad settings on my new card geforce 6600gt agp8x 128MB(Although I havent tweak it, the pcpitstop.com site tells me that I have..."low video performance":confused: )
:confused: :confused:

Post your system specs using the DXDiag method in this link, and read the other stuff in that link as well.

You said no spyware or viruses, but the problem only started yesterday? Have you done a spyware/virus scan since the problem started?

With no games running, hit Ctrl-alt-del, and tell us the number of Processes running, and CPU usage from the bottom of that window.

hey bili my computer is also getting terrible frames right now, maybe we can help eachother.

When did you computer start having problems, was it after a format? Please provide as much detailed information as possible! =D

-Swiften-

bilibom

Banned
Dear McTimson,
I explained u that I just made a clean instal of XP...How do u expect to have spywares and virouses then?? Its funny to insist ask me if I made any scan. I m too scholastic in such matters. So, plz, dont mention about virouses/spywares again.
The link u wrote goes to another thread which is for rookies.
I can give u any info of my system u want. I have already written the basics, I can tell u anything else u want. But do not search for any device problems like "maybe your HD needs defragment..etc" because i m too scholastic in such simple things, as I said:)
With no games running, hit Ctrl-alt-del, and tell us the number of Processes running, and CPU usage from the bottom of that window.
As I told u, I m not a pc starter. I check task manage all the time.
So, lets not talk about such simple reasons anymore.
Dont forget that i faced this problem suddenly.
Could it be wrong frequency of my rams?(kingston 2GB,dual channel mode,400MHz).I asked in another place of this forum about how to check how much is my ram's frequency but no one answered.
Or any bad settings on my new card geforce 6600gt agp8x 128MB(Although I havent tweak it, the pcpitstop.com site tells me that I have..."low video performance" )

billbom

Even though McTimson is asking you these questions, they still must be answered... no matter you skill at computers you would not be here if you knew how to fix the issue. Some of us have Phd's, some of us have no education at all, but as with all issues you start at the basics and move up from there. Please post you DXDIAG as he asked (no a rookie thing to post) so he might be able to look up you RAM/MOBO compatibility. Reguardless of a clean install of your machine, it is possible to recieve such items in error or passing... if you want help please accept it where and when you can... and try not to insult the people that are recognized experts on this site, as they are often the ones to help people out with the problem.

bilibom

Banned
Even though McTimson is asking you these questions, they still must be answered...
The answer is YES (already told) to all of these things, which even starters know them.
you would not be here if you knew how to fix the issue
u shouldnt say that, its silly. No one can be sure that knows everything. Is this forum only for starters? I didnt say i m an expert.I just say i m not a starter. I think i m clear(y) :cool: :rolleyes:
Please post you DXDIAG as he asked
Yes,thats what i want to do. But plz tell me how can i do this.

Reguardless of a clean install of your machine, it is possible to recieve such items in error or passing
Once more I have to read this...:mad: :mad: I said twice I m scholastic in these things...I make antispy and antivirus scanning EVERY DAY!!:mad:
and try not to insult the people that are recognized experts on this site
Since when its insult when i dont recognize someone as"expert"??!!:rolleyes:
Anyway, I dont want insult anyone. If someone believes hes an expert then let him proove it by answering my questions!!:rolleyes: :cool: (y) :D

DxDiag:
Start --> Run
In the run command line type
DxDiag and then click OK

Once this has run, save a report and then post it or attach it to this site.

bilibom: Had you bothered to read through the thread that I linked you to (which you referred to as made for 'rookies'), you would see the instructions on how to post a DXDiag report.

Now, as far as you being 'scholastic' in terms of computers....I have no doubt that you know what you're doing, which is great! But you simply telling me that you're not a PC starter doesn't give me a clear idea of what you know and what you regularly do as far as maintenance. Sometimes when people say they have no viruses, that means they checked a few months ago, and didn't find anything, so I don't know what to expect.

Also, I expect you to have spyware because whenever I run Ad-Aware on a fresh install of Windows XP, it always finds new items. But maybe that's just me.

Do you have any temperature monitoring programs installed, and have you looked into overheating as a possible problem? Try taking the side of the case off the computer, and see if that helps any.

bilibom

Banned
Well, if u r not going say something, plz delete the previous post.
I wonder why cant I.

Ok, I came over here form yor post in Hardware.

I see you did a complete reinstall of XP. Did you install all the necessary chipset drivers for your motherboard? They will be on a CD that came with it.

Scorp.

bilibom

Banned
scorpion, dont make foolish quests.

TO THE MOD OF THIS ROOM:

HEY U .....
I ASKED U DELETE MY ANALYSIS !!!
R U ... OR WHAT :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bilibom: You're not going to get much help with that kind of attitude. CS.Scorpion was only trying to help you, you don't have to call it a 'foolish quest' (sp?), all you have to do is say 'yes, I installed the necessary chipset drivers'. And to answer why your post wasn't deleted, there is no 'mod' of this forum, there are several moderators for the entire TSG site, and there are way too many threads for them to read through looking for someone asking for them. If you really think you want your post deleted, then you can click the red triangle with the exclamation point at the top right corner of your posts, and ask for a post to be deleted with a proper reason.

Now, try changing your video card settings...maybe something is not configured correctly. I forget how nVidia's control panel works, but go to it, and if there is a slider for Performance/Quality, move it over to Performance and see if it changes anything.

Also, your sound card drivers appear to be out of date. Might as well update them, newer drivers may have fixed certain issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online