Losing internet connection...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KrzyPrk

First, I hope I posted this in the right category.

Ok, here's the issue, I can't surf the web after after I leave my PC alone. This only happens when after it goes into a screensaver mode.

Here are my settings:
14 minutes for my screensaver
20 minutes to turn off monitor

The problem is my zonealarm. After shutting down zonealarm, everything is fine.
This seems to be at a random case. It can anytime after the monitor shuts down.

So basically, my solution to this is shutdown zonealarm or restart. Is there a way to prevent this? I cant seem to find any settings in ZA.

Well it may just need to be reset. You should see in the front of the router a small hole that is about 1/8 inch. Get a paper clip and then press the button that is on the other side of the hole.
Mine you have to press and hold a couple seconds and you see the one light turn red and then it will turn green again after a couple seconds.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Have you checked in Device Manager under the properties of the NIC? Make sure the "Allow Windows to shutdown this device to save power" option is disabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online