Losing Internet connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DECIOWA02

I have XP operating system with Service Pack 2 installed. It seems like since installing service pack 2 I am forever getting booted off line after a very few minutes - the time varies. The only way that I can avoid this is to disable the firewall and I know this is not wise. Can you help me out with this?
Thanks, Dolores

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Seems like its connected to the firewall doesnt it? which one are you using is it the SP2 one? or do you have another?

DECIOWA02

As I'm not too sharp as to what kind of firewall I have, this is what I do know...... I have Norton System Works and whatever firewall that came along with windows. However, I had this problem before I had Norton so I'm assuming that it is not because they clash.

DECIOWA02

Yes, you're right -I know my problem, it's just how to fix it. I have Norton System Works installed also -- do I still need zone alarm??? and if so, do I dump
the SP2 pack entirely?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online